Wednesday 21 September 2011

Another Reason Why Books Rule

"A book reads the better which is our own, and has been so long known to us, that we know the topography of its blots, and dog's ears, and can trace the dirt in it to having read it at tea with buttered muffins."  
~Charles Lamb, Last Essays of Elia, 1833
I know Kindles, Nooks, etc. represent a great leap in technology and are "green" and "convenient" and "economic." But I don't like them. I don't think I ever will. I will not berate anyone who owns one; but I will brutally kill anyone who thinks it's a good idea to buy me one for Christmas. Brutally. Kill.
I will not list my reasons why I dislike Kindles because e-books are pretty neat, and it's hard to list reasons why they suck. But I will proclaim, from time to time, in an often oblique manner, the many reasons why books are better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment